Saturday, August 15, 2009

Brengle Reflection 8 (12/8/09)

Holiness Covenant

Everlasting God, my Father and my Friend, You have loved me with an everlasting love, knowing all my sinfulness, rebellion, and unfaithfulness, and gave Your Son to die for me on Calvary.

When I wandered from You, You sought me by Your Spirit, won me to Yourself, cleansed my heart, and gave me power over the world, the flesh, and the devil. Since that time You have kept me by Your power, supplied my need, conquered my enemies, and bestowed on me unnumbered mercies; and now, through the merits of Your love and death, I enter into the Holiest Place, and humbly make this covenant with You.

Blessed Jesus, the world despises You, but I glory in You; the world hates You, but I love You; for Your sake I separate myself from the amusements, friendships, fashions, and sins of the world, and promise to follow You with all my heart, obey You with all my strength, cleave to You with all my affection, and fight for You all my days.

Here, now, in the presence of my comrades, deliberately and forever, I give You my body, that it may be Your temple; my life, that it may ceaselessly do Your will and bring blessing to those around me; my possessions, that they may be unselfishly held for the good of Your Kingdom; and my heart that it may love only what is good, true, benevolent, and beautiful in Your sight.

All I have, and all I hope to be, I lay upon Your altar, for joy or for sorrow, for prosperity or adversity, desiring that I may have the high privilege of sharing Your sufferings and the honour of bringing glory to Your name and Salvation to the precious souls for whom You have died. And I trust You, my Saviour, whose Precious Blood does just now cleanse me from all unrighteousness, to keep me clean, and present me faultlesss on the Great Judgement Day.

And now, O God, seal by Your Almighty Spirit this covenant which I have made; and grant to us that wisdom and strength which will enable me to keep these sacred vows even unto death. And so may the promises I make on earth be ratified in Heaven.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment